How Weekly Planning Can Help Make Your Dreams Come True
Cinderella tells us “A dream is a wish your heart makes.”
Napoleon Hill says “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
And you know what, they’re both right.
- It all starts with a dream. A dream of how you want to live your life, of the things you want to accomplish in your time here on earth. Make a list…
- Next, turn just one of your dreams into a goal. Since a goal has a deadline, you will want to create an end date. A date by which you will have lived your dream. Be sure to give yourself enough time. Don’t give yourself too much time however. You have other dreams to get to.
- Think about any obstacles that might come up. Write them down. Opposite of each obstacle, write a solution. For example, the goal is to lose 10 lbs. Junk food in the house would be an obstacle. A solution would be to rid the house of junk food.
- Your next move is to break the goal down into steps. What steps do you need to take to make your dream a reality? Write these down.
- For each step you have written, create a “done by” date. The “done by” dates will need to be in agreement with the overall end date you already created. If you find you need more time, create a new end date.
By now you might be asking, “what does all of this have to do with weekly planning?”
I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that each of you plan for your upcoming week. Appointments, activities, work and things that need to get done. If you add just one or two of your goal steps into your weekly calendar, before you know it, you will have accomplished your first goal. Do this week after week, and you will find yourself accomplishing one goal after another… and living the life of your dreams.
Here’s to living the dream,