5 Things You Need To Know About Shoe Storage Today
The first thing you need to know about shoe storage is knowing which shoes will be stored where...
- If you and your family members remove their shoes upon entering the house, then, the only shoes that should live at the entrance to the house are the shoes of the current season. Out of season shoes are stored elsewhere and move into this location when the weather changes.
- If you wear shoes in the house, where should they live once they are off your feet? I think the best solution is keeping the shoes in the owners closet.
The second thing you need to know is, there is a high probability you will fail at the shoe storage game if you do not take a look at the current shoe situation and put no thought into a working solution.
- Take a picture of the current shoe situation, at it’s very worst.
- Do you or other family members find yourself tripping over shoes to get in or out of the house?
- Is the current shoe situation causing a quagmire when it’s time to enter or leave the home?
- Discuss possible shoe storage solutions with your family members. Ask them what might work best for them.
The third thing you need to know about shoe storage today is there are hundreds of options out there, but only one or two that will work for you and your family.
- Make sure the littles can reach their shoes and they don’t have too many shoes to choose from
- Make it easy to put away, and to access shoes. The easier it is, the more likely the shoes will make it to their home.
- Be open to ideas and input from all family members
- Do a practice run with cheap containment ideas before you spend a bunch of money on the real thing
- What works for one person, won’t necessarily work for everyone!
The fourth thing you will need to know about shoe storage is to use the system that works best for you.
- Do you like your shoes all lined up, pairs together, easy to grab?
- Do you prefer your shoes in a pile and don’t mind digging through shoes to find the pair you want
And, the fifth thing you need to know about shoe storage is space is finite.
- How many of the shoes that you own do you actually love, need or wear?
- Are the shoes you own comfortable and good for the feet?
- Do you actually have room for all your shoes to be stored neatly and in an organized fashion, without displacing others in the home?